Engineering Guild: Intermediate Schematics

Citizens of Port Katherine,

As many of you know, this winter the merchant Jan began selling engineering schematics more advanced than any that were previously available in the colony. These schematics are more expensive to purchase than their basic counterparts (30 ducats each), and require more trade goods and time to produce, but the Port Katherine Guild of Engineers hope that you will find the results worth your coin to commission from one of our members.

Below you’ll find a complete listing of all known intermediate schematics, as well as the time and resources needed to make them. You may find it useful to refer to Comptess Northmarch’s summary of the basic schematics, since many intermediate schematics use them as a base.

If you have questions about any of this, feel free to send a note to me, or find me at the next festival in person.

Best,

Scrap Hirun Teuthida Alizé
President of the Port Katherine Guild of Engineers

All intermediate schematics are permanent unless otherwise noted. Please fill out our survey to indicate which items you might be interested in purchasing, to help inform where we put our efforts first as a guild.

Weapon Supplies and Enhancements

Explosive Cannon Shot: Single use. Take 1 minute to load 6 foam balls into a cannon. Grants 6 by-my-voice fireballs on targets within 10 feet of where the foam balls strike, on up to 6 valid targets. Anyone physically struck by a foam ball also receives a fireball. Requires 3 lead, 2 iron, any “in a bottle” elixir, 2 arcanum, and 4 hours of work.

Mechanized Reloading Aid: Single use. Once ever, add to a firearm. That firearm reloads 20 seconds faster for the rest of the event. Does not stack. Requires 1 reloading aid, 1 piston, 2 wheels, 1 coolant oil (produced by apothecaries), 2 arcanum, and 22 hours of work.

Reinforced Automatic Poisoner: Requires calibration. Connects to a single melee weapon. As many times as you wish, you may spend a Venom vial to add a Venom augment to the weapon that may be used whenever you wish during the same event, not only on the next swing. Requires 1 electricity per event for operation. Requires 1 automated poisoner, 1 lead lining, 2 arcanum, and 17 hours of work.

Reinforced Reloading Aid: Requires calibration. Attach to a single firearm. That firearm now reloads 10 seconds faster. Does not stack. Requires 1 reloading aid, 1 copper reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 17 hours of work.

Armor Supplies

Active Countermeasures: Requires calibration. Apply to armor. When worn, grants Evasive Maneuvers. Requires 1 basic active countermeasures, 1 copper reinforcement, 1 iron reinforcement, 2 arcanum and 21 hours of work.

Armor Reinforcement: Adds 3 permanent, repairable armor points to one armor location. Must be wearing the armor for the enhancement to apply. Requires 1 minor armor reinforcement, 1 iron reinforcement, 1 leather reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 18 hours of work.

Heavy Armor Reinforcement: Requires calibration. Apply to armor. When worn, grants retreat. Requires 1 minor heavy armor reinforcement, 1 iron reinforcement, 1 leather reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 21 hours of work.

Reusable Armor Patch: May repair all armor points and chest armor on a single individual, instantly. May recharge each use with a leather patch. 1 armor patch, 1 leather reinforcement, 1 iron reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 21 hours of work.

Body Enhancements

Artificial Larynx: Requires calibration. Installed with elective surgery. Allows speech after a major complication from a surgery. Requires 1 electricity per event. Requires 2 wire coil, 2 hermetic seal, 2 piping, 1 silver lining, 2 arcanum, and 26 hours of work.

Implanted Calibration Port: Requires calibration. Installed with elective surgery. Max purchaseable vitality decreased by 2, gain 2 calibration slots. Requires 2 spring, 2 piping, 1 copper reinforcement, 1 hermetic seal, 2 arcanum, and 23 hours of work.

Powered Clockwork Limb: Requires calibration. Installed with elective surgery. Limb is immune to maim. Treat as maimed/unusable until 1 electricity is applied at each event. Requires 1 clockwork limb, 1 copper reinforcement, 1 leather reinforcement, 1 coolant oil (produced by apothecaries), 2 arcanum, and 33 hours of work (not including the apothecary).

Reinforced Chemical Augmentation: Requires calibration. Installed with elective surgery. Spend 1 minute to slot a vial as the artificer skill. Requires 1 electricity per event to power. Requires 1 chemical augmentation, 1 leather reinforcement, 1 iron reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 21 hours of work.

Between-Festival Supplies

Automated Milker: Requires calibration. Farmer may both make a trade good and double the component used. Requires 1 electricity per use (may be used more than once in a single BGS period). Requires 4 piping, 4 piston, 1 chain, 1 sprocket, 2 arcanum, and 34 hours of work.

Automated Sprinkler: Requires calibration. Gardener may both make a trade good and double the component used. Requires 1 electricity per use (may be used more than once in a single BGS period). Requires 3 piping, 1 chain, 1 sprocket, 2 gears, 1 bottle, 2 arcanum, and 28 hours of work.

Extrusion Mold: Requires calibration. During each BGS, choose an engineering part. Make as many copies as you have resources, using only one of the craft basic engineering schematic skill. Requires 2 gears, 3 springs, 2 piping, 2 pistons, 2 iron reinforcements, 2 arcanum, and 39 hours of work.

Honey Super: Requires calibration. Beekeeper may both make a trade good and double the component used. Requires 1 electricity per use (may be used more than once in a single BGS period). Requires 1 gear, 2 spring, 1 piping, 1 piston, 1 iron reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 23 hours of work.

Reinforced Alembic: Grants 4 free uses of Distillation to a true apothecary each BGS. Requires 1 alembic, 1 reinforced glass, 2 arcanum, and 24 hours of work.

Reinforced Bullet Mold: Craft up to 4 bullets using 1 use of the craft basic engineering schematic skill and the Bullet schematic, at the normal cost per bullet. Requires 1 iron reinforcement, 2 lead lining, 2 arcanum, and 16 hours of work.

Reinforced Preservation Jar: You may use this to prevent one component from rotting during each BGS period. Requires 1 preservation jar, 1 reinforced glass, 2 arcanum, and 21 hours of work.

Reinforced Reading Aid: Requires calibration. Grants 3 free uses of Research to a true scholar each BGS. Requires 1 reading aid, 1 reinforced glass, 2 arcanum, and 21 hours of work.

Additional Gadgetry

Battery: Requires calibration. Stores 3 electricity. May recharge with capacitance oil. Starts charged. Requires 3 capacitance jars, 1 lead lining, 1 piping, 2 arcanum, and 38 hours of work.

Hot Plate: Once ever, allows a cook to cook and serve one recipe any time outside of mealtimes. Requires 1 wheel, 1 chain, 1 sprocket, 1 lens, 2 arcanum, and 16 hours of work.

Regular Lock: Permanent 4-digit lock. Requires 4 gears, 2 pistons, 3 axles, 1 spring, 2 arcanum, and 40 hours of work.

Reinforced Concealing Pouch: Requires calibration. Items are concealed when inside the pouch. Requires 1 concealing pouch, 1 leather reinforcement, 2 arcanum, and 14 hours of work.

Reinforced Decorative Brooch: Requires calibration. Grants +1 political influence each event worn. Requires 1 flimsy decorative brooch, 1 lead lining, 2 arcanum, and 17 hours of work.

Sztuka Glass Perfume Bottle: Allows use of perfume elixirs. Requires 1 bottle, 1 lead lining, 2 wire coil, 1 piston, 2 piping, 2 arcanum, and 26 hours of work.

Processes

Processes are intermediate schematics that are used only in conjunction with other schematics. They must be crafted and used at the time of crafting the final product, and cannot be built and saved for a later date. They are listed here for reference and material cost purposes only.

Copper Reinforcement: 8 copper, 4 coal, 2 arcanum

Iron Reinforcement: 8 iron, 4 coal, 2 arcanum.

Lead Lining: 8 lead, 4 coal, 2 arcanum.

Leather Reinforcement: 10 leather, 2 arcanum.

Reinforced Glass: 1 lead lining, 2 magnesium, 2 arcanum.

Silver Lining: 8 silver, 4 coal, 2 arcanum.

Thank you for reading, and please fill out our survey to indicate which items you might be interested in purchasing, to help inform where we put our efforts first as a guild.

Out of game note

I use the term “hours of work” to indicate the number of CP an object requires - for example, craft intermediate schematic is a 4 CP skill, and craft basic schematic is a 3 CP skill. If I were making a Reusable Armor Patch, which requires 3 basic schematics and 3 intermediate schematics, I would use a total of 21 CP worth of skills, or “21 hours of work.” Also, use these numbers as a guide an not an absolute - I may have missed a component of a schematic on one or two of these, so I don’t guarantee their complete accuracy.

5 Likes

By request, I am appending the list of basic schematics which have no effect on their own, and are simply used as components in other, more complex schematics. I hope that these provide a helpful reference point for those trying to gather trade goods for an engineering commission.

-Scrap

Basic Schematics - Components

Axel: 1 copper, 1 arcanum

Bottle: 1 magnesium, 1 arcanum

Chain: 1 coal, 1 arcanum

Edged Blade: 1 iron, 1 arcanum

Gear: 1 copper, 1 arcanum

Hermetic Seal: 1 cactus, 1 arcanum

Leather Patch: 1 leather, 1 arcanum

Lens: 1 sapphire, 1 arcanum

Piping: 1 copper, 1 arcanum

Piston: 1 coal, 1 arcanum

Pulley: 1 copper, 1 arcanum

Spring: 1 iron, 1 arcanum

Sprocket: 1 iron, 1 arcanum

Wheel: 1 iron, 1 arcanum

Wire Coil: 1 copper, 1 arcanum

2 Likes

I have given Comptess Northmarch the funds to acquire the automated sprinkler schematic.

Ursula -

You did, but I’m reasonable certain I gave them back to you at the end of Remembrance when I had not run into Jan to acquire it?

I will check my funds and try to confirm, but I think that I did.

Frederick

Oh, very possibly. I will check my funds also.

Is there a general consensus on Schematic fees? How is a proposed cost affected by the number and types of schematics?

Serendipity, I believe I responded to your question in person, but for the benefit of others watching the bulletin board: we have not yet come to a consensus about schematic fees, and this will be one of the things the Guild will discuss this spring.

Best,
Scrap

1 Like

One clarification: for a Battery, each capacitance oil recharges one stored electricity, for up to 3 capacitance oils/charges at a time

Hi all - here is your periodic reminder of what the Engineering Guild can do for you with Intermediate Schematics! If you’re interested in a commission, you an approach any member of the guild to learn more and get more detailed pricing information.

You can see our other listing for the most complete information available on basic schematics. Also note that we expect Jan to have a few advanced schematics for sale this Winter (for 90 ducats apiece).

2 Likes

As the proud owner of a lovely Reinforced Decorative Brooch, I can speak highly of their craft! Definitely reach out to our Engineers if you have need or a project in mind!

3 Likes

My focus so far has been in profession tools, defensive items, and weapons. I’m still building up, but have a few things available to make people. - Countess Julian

1 Like

Hello friends,

Since it’s been a while, here is a reminder of some of what your friendly local engineers can make for you! Since we are a thriving engineering community, we also have some newly invented or purchased schematics to add to this list. I’m including schematics which have been donated to me personally or to the Guild here. Other engineers should feel free to comment with their own inventions as well.

Spirit Shackle: Once ever, use this to reinforce jail cell bars or manacles to make them impassable by incorporeal entities. Lasts for the remainder of the event. Requires 1 spirit shackle elixir, 8 silver, 8 coal, 8 lead, 6 arcanum, and 12 hours of work (not including the elixir). [Processes used: silver lining, lead lining]

Surgical Light: Requires calibration. Charge this device with 1 unit of electricity. For the remainder of the event, during any surgery you perform, you may treat any minor complications results as having no complications. Requires: 2 sapphire, 1 iron, 7 arcanum, and 19 hours of work. [Parts used: 2 lens, edged blade, engineer’s light, magnifying scalpel]

Yellow Onzekkan Waistcoat: While calibrated, you have the agility skill. If you already have this skill, this item does nothing. Must be phys repped with a yellow article of clothing (does not actually need to be a waistcoat). Requires 1 Onzekkan Weave [an engineered item we don’t yet know how to make, but hope to soon], 11 leather, 1 onzekkan yellow dye [an elixir we don’t know how to make yet], and 5 arcanum. [Known parts and processes used: leather patch, leather reinforcement]

4 Likes

I’m not an engineer, but I did invent this:

Abdominal Reinforcement: [requires calibration] Permanent item. Your chest is protected as though it has the chest armor skill. Use elective surgery to install once calibrated to the recipient. The chest armor skill is inactive until it is charged with 1 unit of electricity each event. Requires 8 iron, 8 copper, 8 coal, 2 leather, 8 arcanum, 18 hours of work. (parts and processes are 2 leather patches, 1 iron reinforcement, 1 copper reinforcement)

2 Likes

How is this repaired when broken?

As per normal repairs.

oog note

I’ve been told normal repair armor, don’t worry about the requirement to not be wearing the armor

1 Like