Summer 2023, Water and You!

Hello all you lovely people! The Summer 2023 event is right around the corner (11 days away as of this post) and it’s looking so far like it’ll be warm, sunny and hot!

That being said this upcoming event we have a mod that involves a LOT of water, and we’d like folks to be aware of this ahead of time in case you need or want to change your outfits to something you don’t mind getting absolutely drenched in. This mod will be Saturday day, and we’ll be aiming for the hottest part of the day to maximize the enjoyment of the water. This mod will not be mandatory and there will be work arounds for certain parts that may not be easy for those with mobility concerns who still want to enjoy the mod.

On the subject of period appropriate swimwear: we will view this much like we do with winter gear. Please wear what makes you the most comfortable. Modern bathing suits are fine, we all have our own comfort levels and encourage you all to do what feels best for you.

Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or to post them here should you have any, see you all soon!

14 Likes

Is this mod part of a specific plot/limited in any way, or will anyone interested be able to participate? Also will there be any warning that it’s coming so people know they should get changed?

1 Like

We will attempt to put out a warning prior to the mod start, and we will try to make it be as in game as possible.

While it is part of a specific plot it is not limited in who may participate. This mod is designed to be a repeater mod and should allow for as many or as few to enjoy it as possible.

5 Likes

Will the mod be positioned/structured such that we could participate barefoot, or will we need to wear shoes that can get wet?

3 Likes

Oh no I don’t have time to make a bathing suit! Modern boring bathing it is :persevere:

1 Like

This is the question isn’t it

2 Likes

You will need to wear shoes that can get wet that you can safely fight in

5 Likes

I would highly recommend shoes of some sort, even if its just sandals or something

1 Like

Will the mod involve combat? Should we be expecting whatever weapons we bring to get wet, and need to dry out before further use?

1 Like

Yes, there will be combat, please plan accordingly

2 Likes
4 Likes