Mask Policy, Summer 2023

Well, I guess I should have seen this coming, but the CDC took down their transmission map after the national emergency ended.

We have looked and looked for a reliable data source, but we have not been successful. Everything has at least some problem with it.

So, for Summer, we’re going to implement the following mask policy. If it goes well, this will just be our policy going forward:

• Masks are required indoors…
  • unless you have a negative test taken on Friday. If you cannot afford a test, we’ll have some. If you can, please buy one so we have enough.
  • Tests are not required. If you don’t care to test, you may come to game but wear masks indoors.
  • Tables will be set up outside
  • Food line inside

We’ll see how this goes.

Brian Misamore
Game Director, Port Katherine

10 Likes

I really like this policy. I need to chat with Ashleigh about our plans but I might actually feel comfortable sometimes going unmasked indoors, like this. :sparkling_heart:

I will likely bring a spare pack or two of test kits. I can drop them at staff center.

3 Likes

Are we sending staff proof of results for the Friday test?

I should have written this in my initial post. You don’t need to send test results to staff - we will take this on the honor system. Anyone who is the kind of person who would endanger their fellow players’ lives by lying is the kind of person who will be quickly found out.

Brian

5 Likes

Makes sense, thank you!