Q: How do I submit new texts to the library?
A: There are several methods. For all methods, know that there will likely be a delay in getting paid of 1-2 festivals. There is a waitlist while I get the library funding, and I will pay people in order of contribution unless otherwise specified.
- Give Annaliese the text in game
- Drop the text in the bottom of the library cart, during game (you may wish to weigh it down with something so it doesn’t blow away) and make sure your character’s name is on it so I know who to pay. If there’s no name it will be treated as a donation.
- Send it to me digitally, between games
Q: What is the best format to submit something in?
A: If you give me both a digital and a physical copy, it will make my life easier, but you don’t have to. If you give me just one, I will either print or photograph it to make sure the other exists.
Q: What if I don’t want people to know I wrote it?
A: Tell Annaliese that.
Q: What if I don’t want Annaliese to know I wrote it?
A: Drop it in the cart when I’m not around, and don’t sign it, but don’t expect to magically get paid. (Edit: Or mundanely; thanks, Kevin. -_- )
Q: But what if I do want payment?
A: Tuck a note inside with a drop location and time for the payment. Preferably for the next festival.
Q: What if I really only want certain people/groups to be able to read it?
A: TELL ANNALIESE THIS. A lot of the “restrictedness” of things is merely a fairly transparent covering her own ass for legal purposes, but if you want to contribute something more secretly, I can make a note of this and handle it specially, as well as not list it on the public inventory. Neither Annaliese nor Melissa want to stomp on your good time.
Q: What if, in my super secret submission that I asked not to be put on the inventory, I admit to a crime? Will Annaliese still keep it secret?
A: What kind of crime? If you admit to planning a murder or give me your hit list, no Annaliese will in most cases not be keeping that secret. If you admit to doing magic or having Forbidden Texts, yes she’ll keep it secret. Use your judgement and your knowledge of who Annaliese is as a person.
Q: Can I submit someone else’s findings?
A: Please do not, unless you have their permission or they have left game.
Q: What about explicit materials?
A: See Library Smut Rules
Q: How much will I be paid?
A: It varies. To avoid cheesing of the algorithm I’m not giving the exact numbers but a general idea is as follows:
- A followable lesson will net you 5 ducats. And will have a small fee to check out.
- If you used skills to get the information, make a note of how many points of skill, and you will get at least that many ducats
- A piece of fiction will be paid for by length. There is a soft cap (after a 1000 words I start using a log2 function)
- Nonfiction will be paid for by discrete piece of useful information. This is a necessarily subjective measure, but I will do my best to be fair
- Advertising materials, such as product catalogues, will be accepted and listed in the inventory, but you won’t get paid.
- If it has a nice binding you’ll get a little more. If it has a hand-done nice binding, that’s a little more, still. Let’s make a nice-looking and immersive library collection.
- Careful illustrations also gain a bonus.
- If it is fiction that causes Annaliese psychic damage she will pay slightly less. This is mostly for humor value so if it really bothers you, talk to me OOG and we’ll work it out.
Q: I submitted a book, but it’s not listed for checking out!
A: I need some time to process submissions. Usually it will be listed the next festival, but sometimes if Life Happens it might take two.