Nothing in this post is mandatory, and I don’t want to make anyone feel any pressure to conform to these guidelines. But I’ve been asked this a few times, and I want to let everyone know what we actually do prefer.
- My favored way for you to name these is "Lesson: “Name of Skill” or “Name of Specialty”
- My favored way for you to name these is with the above name
- Combine everything in one category into one. If you have Research Assistants helping you (for Distillation/Dissection), just note it in the one BGS, rather than separating it out
- One entry called “Chemistry: Known” and one entry called “Chemistry: Unknown”
- Do not break out entries with Research Assistants
- Call it “Coordination”
- If you’re using your focus to coordinate, call it “Coordination: Using Focus”
- Put it all in one entry, named “Engineering”
- Name it “Political Influence: Topic” or “Research: Topic” or “Experimentation: Topic” as appropriate. Don’t include the amount used in the title, but please do include it in the body.
- We don’t have a skill in our game called Network, but if we did, it should be like Political Influence.
In general, try to split out all entries that are different. For example, if you have 3 ranks of Research and want to research three different things, make three different BGS entries. It’s a ticketing system, and that way I can send it to the various staffers who answer is more easily, rather than having to make sure we each send it on to the next without accidentally resolving the ticket and making it dissapear.
I’m sure I’ll think of more easy ways you can make our lives easier, and - again - none of this is required, but I do keep getting asked, and it really does make it better.
Game Director, Port Katherine