Call for Mealtime Volunteers Summer 2023

Hi everyone! We’re trying to organize volunteers for meal shifts a little bit more formally this time, and we’re asking folks to sign up for specific shifts if at all possible. We’re hoping this will improve coverage so that no one ends up frantically trying to handle things by themselves.

Here are the shifts we’re looking to fill (explanations at the end):

• Saturday Breakfast Captain: Jess

• Saturday Breakfast Prep: 2-3 people FILLED!
    Beth R, Kay, Samson

• Saturday Breakfast Cleanup: 1 person FILLED!
    Fyr

• Saturday Breakfast Dishes: 2 people FILLED!
    John, George

• Lunch prep, serve, and cleanup: Handled by the ORTC, <3 <3 <3

• Lunch Dishes: 2 people FILLED!
    Aaron, Sam

• Dinner Captain: 1 person FILLED!
    Declan

• Dinner Prep: 2-3 people FILLED!
    Eli, Logan, Ash

• Dinner Cleanup: 1 person FILLED!
    Fyr

• Dinner Dishes: 2 people FILLED!
    Spaige, Brady

• Sunday Breakfast Captain: Jess

• Sunday Breakfast Prep: 2-3 people
    Beth R, George

• Sunday Breakfast Cleanup: 1 person

• Sunday Breakfast Dishes: 2 people FILLED!
    John, Vee

• Snack Captain: 1 person FILLED!
    Logan

What these roles mean:

• Meal Captain: organize the preparation of the meal, following Jess’s instructions
  • Meal Prep: help the Meal Captain prep and serve the meal.
  • Meal Cleanup: 1 hour after the meal is served, pack up the leftovers and put them away.
  • Dishes: wash the dishes.
  • Snack Captain: check on the state of the tavern snacks and drinks every few hours over the course of the event.

Captain and Prep roles are about 1-2 hours of work, Cleanup and dishes are a bit shorter (especially with more hands).

And remember, all kitchen shifts are compensated in your choice of CP or Ducats

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

I can pitch in, put my on Dinner Prep unless bodies are needed more elsewhere, in which case wherever is needed!

4 Likes

I’ll snack captain and put me in for dinner prep.

4 Likes

Oh man I’ll be the best leftover put away-er there is. I’ll clean up at least two meals for y’all. A role where I don’t have to potentially fuck up a whole meal for everyone and don’t have to get soggy hands?! Finally something in the kitchen that won’t make me cry!

5 Likes

Put me down for lunch dishes please!

4 Likes

I’ll do both breakfasts

4 Likes

Put me down for lunch dishes as well, please!

2 Likes

You can put Kay and I down for Friday before game food prep and also Saturday morning Breakfast prep with Beth and Jess!

3 Likes

do we have a menu yet? i feel competent to handle dinner captain for many dishes but not necessarily any possible dish

2 Likes

Put me on any non-breakfast thing that needs bodies; if that’s unhelpfully nonspecific put me on Dinner Dishes

2 Likes

I’ll do Saturday breakfast dishes

2 Likes

I can do Sunday breakfast prep and Saturday dishes from breakfast

2 Likes

Somehow I read this, liked it, and then failed to edit it in, my bad!

2 Likes

I believe it’s still finalizing, though @Serendipity would be able to answer conclusively.

That said, the meals usually come with a lot of the prep work already done, and pretty easy-to-follow instructions.

1 Like

The plan is Eggs, bacon, Oatmeal, and Pancakes for breakfast again; same as spring.

Lunch will be Pasta (with GF option) and Garden Salad bar with Hotdogs. (Also vegetarian dogs or burgers depending on what I find shopping)

Dinner will be Baked Potao bar (white and sweet potatoes) Meatball Skewers, and Broccoli. (also some form of vegetarian protein)

1 Like

alright, that seems very doable, I’ll take dinner captain

5 Likes

Put me on dinner dishes

2 Likes

Plug me into Sunday breakfast dishes as well.

2 Likes

I’ll try helping out with Saturday dinner prep, if you still need people - what time should I make sure I’m at the tavern?

3 Likes

Oh good question.

According to @Serendipity meal times are 9am, 1pm, and 7pm. Probably prep people should be getting started about an hour before proposed meal time (so 8, 12, and 6 respectively). People signed up for dishes can probably start as soon as they’ve eaten, and the cleanup person does their thing an hour after serving.

Jess, does that seem right to you?

2 Likes