Vote Now: Surgeon Guild Leader

Hello, surgeons!

I’m pleased to announce that we have a total of four candidates for the leader of our humble surgeon’s guild. They are:

• Czesława Orzełbiełik Teuthida Alizé
  • Ebeneezer Ellsworth
  • Morrigan Marinus
  • Sláine Flann Quigley

If you have no idea who those folks are, you can read this other notice to get a rough idea of their platforms. Or you can go in blind and just do as you please. I have learned long ago that I cannot control the citizens of Port Katherine, nor would I ever like to.

The important thing is that, within the next week, select a single candidate and write their name in the space below. Once you have finished, fold your paper over and write the word “VOTE” on the outside. I think this is the best way we can maintain some sense of privacy without running the risk of losing/miscounting votes.

And, I hope this goes without saying, but please only vote if you yourself are a member of the surgeon’s guild. Basically, you count if you are A) a surgeon and B) have talked to another surgeon about surgeon stuff at least once…. I don’t think we’ve ever had official member records and I can’t be bothered to make up a more official-sounding answering right now. Just only vote if you’re a surgeon and are at least nominally interested in the surgeon guild existing.

After a week and a day has passed, I will come back to this notice, look over the votes, and then bring the guild news on who gets to be the (Hypothetically) Most Responsible for the next two seasons. Best of luck to all candidates!

Stay alive,
Sláine Flann Quigley

Out of Game Clarification

Hey, you might’ve guessed it, but this “Hide Details” feature was what I was talking about up with the whole “folding paper over”! To access this handy feature for yourself, click on the gear symbol at the end of the row and then click the “Hide Details” button.

You can then change the word in quotations from “Summary” to “VOTE” and then write down the name of your candidate in the “This text will be hidden” space.

Then, bam!: you’ve got yourself a secret ballot!

I thought folks would prefer a private vote, but still wanted a way for our “ballots” to be countable should any questions arise on that front. So maybe don’t look at everyone’s votes unless you think Sláine can’t count? But like I said earlier, I can’t stop you, so idk, make your own choices.

I’ll be accepting ballots until July 3rd at 11:59 EST. Afterwards, I will go to bed, count the ballots in the morning, and then type up another post declaring who won.

2 Likes
VOTE

Sláine

VOTE

Ebeneezer Ellsworth

VOTE
  • Sláine Flann Quigley
VOTE

Ebeneezer Ellsworth

VOTE

Morrigan Marinus

Vote