Have trouble having a full cup of tea and a round of cards at Festival? Want to learn how to play Go or Cribbage without being concerned about being attacked by pirates or harangued by ghosts or need to run off to your 5th meeting of the day? Come hang out in Holyoke with us on November 3rd, from 6pm to 11pm, play games, eat tasty food and drink, and dress up if you desire.
The FB event can be found in the PK discussion group with the address. If you don’t FB, just chat, email etc. me for the address.
Come late or leave early, whatever timing works for you is fine with us! If you have any games you wish to bring, please do so! We have cribbage, mancala, go and shut the box. We do only have one apiece of these things, so if you have some, feel free to bring them!
There will be tasty food and drink, largely in the snacking amount. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks will be available. Feel free to bring your own contributions as you desire. We ask that you not bring vinegar-based dishes or dishes with bell peppers.
Individual groups may play a game IC if they wish. Random passing pirates must invite someone outside if they wish to fight them . Fighting inside is frowned upon. Fighting outside is perfectly acceptable, provided it is not icy.
- We have two fluffy and friendly cats. I will vacuum thoroughly before the party regardless, but if you have a desire for the cats to be locked upstairs, just let me know.
- Our house is a fragrance and chemical light space. If you generally put on cologne or perfume or use scented body lotion, we ask that you skip a day. Please do not smoke on our property.
- We live in a yellow duplex right off of Route 5. The house has a pride flag and generally a BLM sign (if no one has stolen it recently). If you are on 91 North, Exit 17A will get you on Rt 5 about 3 minutes from our house. Coming from 91 South, you can get off at exit 18 and have a lovely drive by the river. If you are standing on the road and looking at the house, we are the half on the left. If you have pulled onto the driveway and driven behind the house, we are the half on the right.
- You may park behind the house on either side of the driveway. In the unlikely event we draw a larger crowd, you can also park on the street.
- To access our house, there are three small steps. The bathroom on the first floor used to be a telephone nook and may be difficult to access with a mobility aid. It is possible to park more or less right at our front door. Just let me know and I can make sure that spot is available to you if you need it. If you need any more information about our space, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to do what we can to accommodate you.
- If you know what you are bringing, food, drink, game or other, feel free to update me so I don’t judiciously acquire what you know in advance you are bringing.