Summer 2020 Cancellation

I think we all knew this was coming. That doesn’t make it easier to write.

It is with profound sadness that I have to announce the cancellation of our Summer event this year.

As the latest guidance on social distancing extends out farther and farther, with the robust testing regime we had hoped would appear seemingly far off, and with the realization that - even if social distancing were relaxed - we could not guarantee the safety of our players and staff in such close proximity, we feel we have no choice but to encourage everyone to stay home and safe, rather than spending the weekend with us.

• We will still process the free focus for Summer, and, for those of you who have bgs (if you’re not sure, this is probably not you) your bgs.
  • We will grant 3 CP as before for anyone who chooses to donate their registration (the easiest way to do this is to do nothing, as before).
  • We will immediately refund anyone who desires a refund, up to and including the day of (what would have been) game. This will not impact your ability to get focus/bgs as appropriate.

I’m heartbroken that our story has been interrupted for so long. At some point soon, expect an announcement with a way for us to try and continue sharing the bonds of this wonderful community, despite our ability to attend game, but for now just know that I love and cherish you all, and I can’t wait to see you again.

Brian Misamore
Game Derector, Port Katherine

27 Likes

My thoughts go out to Port Katherine. I am quite sorrowful to be missing these wonderful events. We will all look with optimism to the good times we will have in the future.

1 Like