We’re a week out from the event, so it’s time for me to announce this event’s masking policy.
First of all, none of the below supercedes in any way the general Covid policy, which you can find here:
Second, I have a strong belief that - at this point in the pandemic - if you’re going to have masks mandatory at any point, you should also tell people what the conditions are under which masks will become optional. My line is 15 cases per 100,000 in Massachusetts (as per the New York Times tracker). If we’re below that, masks will be optional on site. Today, we’re at: 29.
So, Spring 2022 Mask Policy:
- Outside: Masks are optional
- Inside: Masks are mandatory. This includes inside the tavern, mod halls, buildings such as the lab or hospital, etc. This does not include your cabin, and you do not need to wear a mask while sleeping. While we recommend that you get a good N95 or KN95 mask, only cloth masks are mandatory.
- Eating and Drinking Inside: These activities do not magically cause you to stop spreading germs, no matter what you might be told elsewhere. Do NOT eat or drink inside.
Eating and Drinking Outside: We will move as many tables from the tavern as we can to the area out back, and we’ll use these for meals (people who have attended Witchwood recently know what this looks like). That means we can eat and drink outside without worrying about indoor mask removal. If it is raining or looking like it’s going to rain, we’ll set up the popup tents over this area before game. As a consequence of their being limited space in this area, I’m going to ask two things:
- If it’s the meal time rush, if you can, please finish eating and then give up your seat to someone else to eat. Do not feel forced to do so if you need to sit for other reasons (health, mobility, etc), but be courteous. There’s a lot of you and limited seating.
- Don’t use these tables as a place to store your stuff. I know we do this often, but - again - limited seating. Consider leaving your gear on tables inside, where you can grab it with a mask on.
If you have any questions about the above policies, you may ask them here or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Director, Port Katherine