We are pleased to announce that the latest edition of the rulebook has been approved by the Board and uploaded!
1.3 to 1.4 changes
- History of Kithira: Added paragraphs on 1719 Kithiran history
- Drevnia: Added paragraph on 1719 Drevnian history
- Island descriptions: sorted islands alphabetically
- Between-Game Skills: added 5-topic limit for BGS used to gather information on topics of interest
- Lessons: Updated and clarified free skill use from lessons
- Firearms: Reduced load time from 1 minute to 55 seconds, to represent technological advancement in Kithira from 1718 to 1720
- Arcane prefix: Clarified that Arcane-prefixed calls cannot be resisted, reduced, or ignored without a Spellshield
- 2-Handed Weapons: Clarified that 2-handed weapons held in one hand may only be used to block, not strike
- Spiritualist: Reduced ”Sanctify Dead” minimum duration to 1 minute from 5
- Artificer: Added prop requirement for Elemental Volley/Elemental Blade and related skills
A couple of notes:
- For Spring and Summer, 2020, we will be engaging in an experiment in which cooking skills can be used (and the food consumed) at any time, not just at mealtime. We encourage you to engage with this system and let us know in your PEL if this enhances/detracts from the cooking experience.
- The 5-topic limit is no fun; we agree. But we have to do something to keep the amount of BGS manageable while letting you still use your skills to the fullest.
- While the Artificer rules changes go live immediately, the phys rep requirement is soft (in other words, bring one if you have something awesome, but you will not be penalized if you do not) until our Fall event of 2020, to give people time to acquire something suitable.
- Not in the new rules, but a note: some characters have the ability to call “Critical” on unconscious characters without the normal 3-count. If this happens, everything is fine - the call is just “Critical,” but assume that the PC or NPC knew what they were about.
Let me know if you have any questions about our new rules.
Game Director, Port Katherine