Citizens of Port Katherine, thank you for participating in the first election of the colony! Please see below for the results. As it is available, identifying information will be added to make it easier to identify your elected officials in hopes you will be able to convey any concerns without any issues.
Member of Parliament 1718-1719
Vaast Verenberg-Unifier [often seen wearing a purple vest, white pants, and running very fast]
- Nathrach Rían Quigley-Unifier [often seen wearing a blue jacket]
- Leland Casmirre-Unifier [often seen wearing a cream vest]
- Frederick Comptess Northmarch-Unifier [often seen wearing a red coat and hat, will likely be attired differently in fall, fashion you know]
- Teodora " Téa" Serafina Valencia della Rossa Cieleone Teuthida Alizé-Unifier [often seen wearing blue hakama and carrying a black parasol]
- Vaast Verenberg-Unifier [often seen wearing a purple vest, white pants, and running very fast]
- Countess Rukiye Maryam Nai’ma bint Maital v’Yasamin v’Jacinta no Kershawi Teuthida Alizé min bayt Amira-Unifier [often seen wearing blue hakama, a blue vest, and a white bonnet]
- Waxillium Wick-Unifier [often seen wearing a grey wig]
- Montgomery Lenadora-Imperialist [often seen wearing face paint and drama]
The council and our MP look forward to making Port Katherine a successful venture. Long live Queen Katherine II! May her trust in this colony bear fruit.
[OOC-Council members, please feel free to ask me to update characteristics that will help people find us. You can also send me a photo of yourself in costume and I’ll add it to this post.]
For census purposes, would it be possible to know the political parties of the town council? I’m just trying to keep my journal up to date and well informed.
Isaac, I have updated the above with the appropriate information as I know it. Any council member, if I am incorrect, please don’t hesitate to correct me.
It should also be noted that the seriousness of Montgomery’s claim to Imperialism is suspect. That said, I am not precisely sure where to place Montgomery. I’m not sure anyone does.
Countess Rukiye -
You are correct in my political affiliation, but I rather suspect I will not be in a red shirt and hat for a little time, as we are now past Fire.
Once I have settled on my costume for the next Festival, I will let people know how to find me.
Is there a plan for a town council meeting and agenda for the fall festival? I suspect that there are a lot of things people may have to discuss with them, and due to how busy the festivals seem to be, it might be worth having some of those discussions now, rather than waiting.
The big topic I would like to discuss with the council is obviously the Militia, and think it would behove us to have a plan in place before the start of the festival.
The Town Council has been discussing various items since the previous Festival, the militia being a primary topic. Anyone is, of course, welcome to reach out to any of us regarding an issue they would like the town council to discuss previous to next Festival in hopes of pre-planning as much as feasible.
It seems pretty clear I’ll need at least half dozen more names before I can begin to hope for a seat on a council. Where do I get some more?