On Monday, July 6, Massachusetts will begin Phase 3 of its reopening process. As they do so, the rest of the nation is undergoing a massive surge in cases, with uncertainty as to when that will begin to crest and reduce.
We have a decision to make: whether or not to have our fall season.
In Phase 3, the general restrictions for Massachusetts look like this: “Indoor gatherings will be capped at eight people per 1,000 square feet with a maximum of 25, while outdoor enclosed gatherings will be limited to 25% of permitted capacity with a maximum of 100.”
Phase 4 won’t happen until there’s a vaccine, so we should expect that the entire fall season would take place in Phase 3.
As you can imagine, there is a version of our game we could run under those conditions. It would involve everyone wearing masks and limited numbers in the tavern, in mod halls, etc. We’d need to lower the cap to ensure that players+staff is less than 100.
My inclination is to not hold the fall season.
But I want to hear from you. Please write me and tell me what you think at email@example.com. I will also be discussing this matter directly with the staff. After I’ve collected your feedback and theirs, I will be making a decision and make a proposal to the Board of RFR, who will be meeting a week from today to discuss.
Ultimately, we run this game for you. So please let me know what you think. If I hear nothing, I will go with my gut and propose that we do not run.
Game Director, Port Katherine