A song heard late at night, down by the water:
[Melody is “Benjamin Bowmaneer,” or this:
Filk by Kep Peterson, spring 2020.]
Do you know how the war began, Bethany Bowmaneer?
Do you know how the war began, casters away?
Do you know the war began, the port town fought to a man,
And Bold Queen Katherine went sailing away.
- When Queen Katherine addressed the Port, […] her speech was cut awfully short…
- Then Tiyago’s Ambassador, […] called for the start of war […]
- Behind us we heard their boots, […] then came the call to shoot […]
- They aimed for our noble Queen, […] our Navy dove in between […]
- Celeste she had brought a pie, […] willing to fight or die, […]
- At the docks but not yet aboard […] a Tiyagan fool dropped a sword […]
- The Queen raised the sword aloft, […] and finished the last one off […]
- Long lines at the hospital, […] veterans, now, one and all […]
- With Her Majesty homeward bound, […] her speech was read to the town, […]
- So that’s how the war began, […] Port Katherine made their stand […]
I loooove the shout out to Celeste! @EvilHannah
I’m not crying you’re crying