I think most of us agree that the free-form chaos of this last year’s registration process was less than ideal. To fix that, last night, I met with the Red Feather Roleplaying Board of Directors to determine an official cap policy from this point forward.
We’ll be using the below policy for 2019:
- We will hold two registration periods, one for the Spring and Summer events, and one for the Fall and Winter events.
- At those times, you can purchase passes to one or both events. Your entrance fee will be due at the time of registration.
- We will announce the dates registration will open 2-3 months in advance, to enable people to save up the fee and to plan to be ready to register.
- We will try to pick a time and date that we feel will be most convenient for people to be at their computers (no weekdays at 1pm, for example).
- You can only register for events by logging in to your account on the website. If you would like someone to register for you, they’ll need your login information (we won’t allow people to register their friends from their own account).
- When we open registration, for the first week, it will only be open to people who have played or staffed Port Katherine within the previous year. After that week passes, we will open it up for open registration.
- Once all slots are filled, anyone interested in attending events should email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist. The waitlist will also prioritize individuals who have played or staffed Port Katherine within the last year.
- If you are registered for an event and decide not to attend, we will offer a refund within our cancellation policy, but your spot will go to the next person on the waiting list. You cannot designate which player will get your spot.
- If you don’t make it in, we encourage you to staff those games - you’ll maintain your ability to register in the first period, and we’re happy to grant you either a lesson or a focus for those events (plus, whenever possible, a limited amount of time to play your PC). You will also receive CP you can put toward your PC, in accordance with our usual cast swap policies.
Hopefully, we’ll have a much smoother registration process next year than we had this year. I’m absolutely looking forward to seeing you all at this game!
Game Director, Port Katherine